Study Abroad




Ciao and welcome to UMASS Amherst's official blog for the Italian Study Abroad program!

The goal of this forum is for UMASS travelers to share their insights, experiences, photos, destinations and sounds with fellow students.

On behalf of the Italian Department, your participation is welcomed. If you would like something posted, even if it is a picture or a travel tip, then please e-mail the information to
umassinitaly@gmail.com


sabato 4 aprile 2015

I'm Alexa...

   I decided to study Abroad because I knew a lot of others who had and said it was the best experience they have had. They also said that they learned a lot about another country and its culture which changed their perspective on things and it sounded like an amazing opportunity to explore the world while studying. 
    I live on the Piazza of Santa Croce so I love my location!! School is a little far as it is in San Lorenzo on Via Faenza, but Florence is super small so to get anywhere doesn't take longer than a 20-30 minute walk! I really like my program! I went through API and it is one of the biggest programs here, they help the students a lot (almost to the point of too much), and they have a lot to offer the students outside of school! The school API goes through in Florence is Lorenzo de Medici, and the school itself is pretty strict but it offers a huge variety of classes that are interesting so it's not too bad!
   I wish someone had told me that you can't drink the tap water in Florence because I would have brought my brita from home. Buying water bottles here has gotten really expensive and is very wasteful.
   The most beautiful thing I have seen is the sunset on Piazzale Michelangelo! It's beautiful and if you get up their just before and stay until the lights of the city turn on, it's amazing to watch the change of the view! 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento